We know that by shopping with Iceland you have placed your trust in us to deliver to you the best products for great value. We also understand that you want the personal information you give us to be kept private as well as secure. Iceland takes your privacy seriously, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy details the purposes for which and the way in which we may collect and use personal information that we may obtain about you.
The Website (other than affiliate websites, see below for further information) is owned and operated by Iceland Foods Limited (Company Number 1107406) whose registered office is at Second Avenue, Deeside Industrial Park, Deeside, Flintshire, CH5 2NW (referred to as “Iceland”, “our”, “us”, or “we”) in this Policy.
Information we collect
The information we collect from customers helps us to continually improve the service we offer. When you shop with Iceland, and/or apply for a Bonus Card or use any service offered by Iceland we may collect the following personal information about you:
- Your name, date of birth, telephone number, email address, delivery address your bonus card number (if applicable) and if you make a purchase via our Website your credit or debit card details. This information will allow us to administer your shop. We keep a record of this information as this is needed for us to recognise you as an Iceland customer and allows us to deliver the orders you request. We store this information so you do not have to enter it every time you shop with us;
- We keep a record of the purchases you make at iceland.co.uk, so we can create a list of your favourite items so your shopping experience is quicker and easier everytime you shop;
- If you send any emails to us we will keep a record of your emails. This means we can keep track of any issues or concerns you may have experienced whilst shopping with us. This helps us to continually improve iceland.co.uk;
- If you call our online support team we may record the call for monitoring and quality control purposes;
- We also collect information when you:
- submit ratings and reviews;
- use Iceland applications on Facebook;
- use the Iceland online help portal (http://help.iceland.co.uk)
- enter competitions, prize draws or promotions which we are promoting;
- sign up to become an Iceland bonus card holder;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Information we collect using cookies stored on your device. Please see the section on cookies for more information and how to manage them.
- Your IP address
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources, advertisements and linked sites that you access.
- Information provided to us by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you
- We may also collect some or all of this personal information from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us.
How we use the information we collect
- All the information we collect from you is used by us (or a third party processor acting on our behalf), to operate and improve the service at Iceland.co.uk. We are committed to only use your personal information for:
- Processing your orders;
- Monitoring and improving the Website;
- Planning and managing the activities of the Website, including analysing your shopping habits and preferences to develop and improve our products and services;
- To contact you if there is a query regarding your order;
- Allowing selected third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf;
- In the event that you purchase goods from Iceland, you may be sent an email requesting whether you would like to review your product.
- Providing you with information about the products we offer;
- Providing you with periodic communications (this may be by post, telephone, SMS, email or included in your order delivery) about features, products, services, events, promotions and special offers. On signing up for each service from Iceland and as part of each communication, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving future communications. Marketing communications from Iceland.co.uk may include advertising for or offers from third parties;
- To verify your identity;
- In certain circumstances in order to process your order and to verify your identity, we may call your provided telephone number you have provided to perform security checks and to request that you verify certain information;
- To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter, including the monthly Bonus Card prize draw;
- Preventing and detecting fraud or abuses of the Website; and
- Allowing us to comply with any requirements imposed by law or court order.
- In addition we may collect anonymised details about you for marketing or reporting purposes but no single individual will be identifiable form the anonymised details that we collect for these purposes. We may also carry out market research through our Ice Chat and other feedback forums.
Transferring data internationally
All emails you receive from Iceland will come from an email address ending in Iceland.co.uk. If you receive any emails claiming to be from Iceland which do not end in Iceland.co.uk or Icelandmail.co.uk these may be fraudulent and should be forwarded to Iceland at http://help.iceland.co.uk.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at http://help.iceland.co.uk.
Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Updating your information
You must make sure that any information you provide to use is correct and complete. You can ask us to correct or update your personal information at any time by writing to us at the address set out below.
If you register to use secured parts of the Website, you may be asked to create a password. You must keep this password confidential, must not disclose it or share it with anyone and will be responsible for all activities that occur under your password. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us immediately at the address below. If we think that there has been or is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Website, we may ask you to change your password or suspend your account until we have verified your identity and/or until your account has been secured.
What are cookies and how are they used?
A “Cookie” is a very small text file placed on your computer, tablet or mobile phone by lots of the websites that you visit. Cookies allow us to help you get the best out of your visit to Iceland.co.uk. Without Cookies it would be difficult to fill up your shopping trolley or remember your shopping list. Whilst it is possible to set your browser to reject cookies, they don’t harm your computer and not allowing cookies onto your computer will affect your ability to use and shop at Iceland.co.uk.
What types of cookies are there and how does Iceland use them?
Some cookies are essential for the operation of our website. Essential cookies are needed to allow you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or shopping lists cannot be provided.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use our website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that could identify you. All information is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how our website works.
These cookies allow our website to remember choices you have made (such as your user name) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Targeted Advertising Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks, but only with Icelands permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
Below is a list of all the cookies that may be sent to you by www.iceland.co.uk and what each cookie is used for. You can set your browser to reject cookies (please see the ‘Managing Cookies’ section below for more information) but if you do this, Iceland will be unable to provide you with certain features of this website.
|Function||Purpose||Name of Cookie(s)|
|Analytics||Collects information about how visitors use our website. The information is collected is an anonymous and includes information about the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.||__utma, __utmb , __utmc , __utmz, _ga|
|Function||Purpose||Name of Cookie(s)|
|Targeted Advertising Cookies|
|Function||Purpose||Name of Cookie(s)|
|Advertising Tracking & Remarketing||Used to track activity resultant of online advertising campaigns to measure advertising effectiveness.|
To deliver adverts more relevant to you based on your online Iceland experience.
|Id, _drt_, _sonar, ebNewBandWidth_.googleads.g.doubleclick.net, uuid2, anj, icu, sess|
By default, cookies should be enabled on your computer or device. If not, your experience on www.iceland.co.uk will be limited to browsing, viewing and searching for products. You will not be able to purchase products or use other helpful tools.
However if you would like to restrict, block or delete cookies from www.iceland.co.uk or any other website, you can use your internet browser to do this. The links below take you to the ‘help’ sections for each of the major browers so that you can find out more about how to change your cookies.